Return to workplaces working group
As CSIRO embarks on the gradual process of reopening sites as part of the organisation’s ongoing coronavirus pandemic response; the Staff Association has established a ‘Return to workplaces’ working group of members and delegates.
The aim of the working group is to provide timely and proactive advice to Staff Association officials and to better represent issues and concerns when making representations to CSIRO management.
Staff Association members are welcome to be involved in the activities of the working group. For more information email [email protected] or speak to a member of the working group (see below).
Working group terms of reference
- The CSIRO Staff Association establishes the Return to Workplaces working group (the ‘working group’).
- The working group comprises up to ten (10) Staff Association members and delegates, appointed by the Secretary.
- Staff Association Councillors and staff can participate in meetings of the working group.
- The working group shall meet regularly, and not less than monthly, until 30 November 2020.
- All decisions and recommendations of the working group are determined by consensus.
- The objectives of the working group are to:
- Identify issues and concerns of Staff Association members in relation to working from sites and at home as part of working for CSIRO, including developing processes and activities to do so;
- Provide advice and recommendations to Staff Association Councillors and staff, in representing issues and concerns of members to senior management;
- Develop and implement strategies and approaches to ensure the safety and wellbeing of members as part of CSIRO’s coronavirus workforce response;
- Provide members with representation and ensure consultation on management decisions that affect the way work is to be performed at CSIRO; and
- Support information provision to Staff Association members, including through the Staff Association’s COVID-19 information webpage.
- The working group shall report regularly, not less than monthly, on its work to members and to the Staff Association Council.
Working group members include Anna Campbell (QCAT and QBP, Queensland), Rod Smith (Werribee, Victoria), Damien Browne (Black Mountain, ACT), Mandy Walker (Waite Campus, SA), Nic Lupton (Clayton, Victoria), Tony Ambaum (Kensington, WA), James Hannah (Geraldton, WA), Andres Roubicek (Battery Point, Tas), Carlie Devine (Battery Point, Tas) and Acting Staff Association Secretary Susan Tonks.
Have your say
Contact a member of the working group in your state or territory, email [email protected] or speak to an organiser.